Roger Widmann, MD
Dr. Roger Widmann, Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, has served as the Chief of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery since 2004. During his many years in practice, Dr. Widmann has focused primarily on both surgical and non-surgical treatments for children’s spinal irregularities, certain orthopedic birth defects, as well as orthopedic limb deformities.
Developing a keen interest in not only the treatment of such orthopedic issues, but also the research that goes into improving orthopedic practices for generations to come. During his time, he has published over 50 peer-reviewed articles, and taken part in writing books on such subjects. Focusing the majority of his efforts in improving surgical practices in all manners of orthopedics.
LERNER CHILDREN'S PAVILION AT HSS
At the Lerner Children’s Pavilion our Spine Center is among the world’s best, especially in the treatment of children and young adults. No matter your child’s issues, you will have some of the brightest minds in the field working towards the common goal of spinal correction. Our doctors work alongside one another to create a course of treatment, specific to you and your corrective needs. From non-surgical treatments, to complex surgical procedures, and even secondary spinal corrective surgeries, we provide our patients the world’s best spinal care program.
Our commitment is reflected in our:
- EXPERTISE: Complex procedures are routine because everyone, from your surgeon to physical rehabilitation therapist, is a spine expert.
- PRECISION: Our patients receive the highest level of personalization due to our direct translation of innovative research into customized care.
- RESULTS: We have pioneered less invasive procedures for the spine, which result in less pain, quicker recovery and superior long-term results.
- EXCELLENCE: HSS tops the national lists for number of spinal procedures, nursing excellence, infection control and much more.
What We Treat
We handle a high volume of complex spinal problems – and higher volume leads to better expertise and results.
OUR MISSION IS TO RETURN PATIENTS TO GOOD HEALTH AND PRODUCTIVITY MOST RELIABLY AND EFFICIENTLY.
At the Lerner Children's Pavilion's Spine Center, our team of doctors and medical professionals have countless years of experience dealing with pediatric spinal issues, injuries, and deformities of all kinds. From moderate cases of scoliosis, to congenital kyphosis, and complicated limb lengthening procedures our staff is well versed in all your child’s corrective needs.
Our motto is to put patient care above all else. No matter the obstacles or complications our staff will work diligently to provide our patients the highest level of healthcare possible, and to help young children improve their quality of life for years to come. If your child is in need of spinal care or any other orthopedic procedures, make sure to contact us today.
- Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Division (ARJR)
- Foot and Ankle Service
- Hand and Upper Extremity Service
- Hip Preservation Service
- Limb Lengthening and Complex Reconstruction Service
- Orthopedic Trauma Service
- Osteoporosis / Metabolic Bone Disease Service
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- ADOLESCENT IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSIS (AIS)
- CONGENITAL SCOLIOSIS
- EARLY ONSET SCOLIOSIS (EOS)
- GROWING MAGNETIC RODS FOR SCOLIOSIS
- NEUROMUSCULAR SCOLIOSIS
- PEDIATRIC SPINAL DEFORMITY SURGERY
- STEREOTACTIC NAVIGATION OF SPINAL HARDWARE
- SCHEUERMANN’S KYPHOSIS
- GUIDED GROWTH SURGERY
- KYPHOSIS SURGERY
- MAGEC Growing Rod Surgery
- SPINAL FUSION AND INSTRUMENTATION
- SCOLIOSIS SURGERY
- MARFAN SCOLIOSIS
- SYNDROMIC SCOLIOSIS